Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A weekend at the old job

I hate my original job for many reasons, but my new job fills me with a new disgust that I hadn't expected. After spending the better part of the week discussing children dying of starvation, I had to spend the New Year's Eve weekend cooking food, putting it out, and eventually throwing it away. The sight of at least 30 pounds of food heading straight to the compost made me feel sick. But that is how we roll in my company. We must have the food hot and ready for those who wish it. They are not interested in coming back later after I've cooked it.

The contrast between the two jobs creates a tug-of-war in my mind.

That said, tomorrow will mark my third day of the job so I must get one person to donate or else I will be back at the old job full time again and desperately looking for another one. The pressure is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment